Monday, August 8, 2011

I had no idea there were that many types of blocks.

Updating just for a moment to say that I did get through the summer program, and it was an adventure. We finished on a Friday. By the end of Monday, I had zapped my resume to every elementary school principal in the county. And by the end of Tuesday, I had an offer.

I'm teaching pre-K which starts later than the rest of the grades. This reflects severe state budget cuts but to me it is a huge help, because my LORD, people, my classroom is a mess. There is so much stuff and so many surfaces and everything needs to be thoroughly attacked with antibacterial wipes. I do not know how they used to fit eighteen small people and two adult-size people in there, and am similarly perplexed as to how I am going to fit twenty-two small people and two adult-size people in there.

I will have an aide--the second adult-size person--but s/he hasn't been hired yet. I hope to heck I have some sort of curriculum to follow, too. (I do have a bunch of state standards, but as far as parceling them out over the year, in a way that gets them all taught? I have no idea.)

I am trying to figure out how to regularly blog again without getting myself into trouble. Another worry for another day.


  1. "I wish more household tasks were more satisfyingly demented" from Swistle's blog is what brought me here. I believe I will be back. :)

    Oh. You have captcha. Maybe not.