Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday roundup

Coolest gifts we gave: Twenty-five pounds of jasmine rice from Thailand. Chocolate oranges, even though there were way too many trips involved in procuring ten of them with identical labeling. Sheesh.

Most touching gifts received: A pizzelle iron. A giant teddy bear wearing a hoodie parka (decorated with bears), to the both of us, with note asking for a home with lots of hugs. Sigh.

Most ironic gifts received (from my brother, who had not been told of my recent slicing incident): A Big Scary Knife! And a set of steak knives.

Slightly unnerving gift trend: FOOT-RELATED gifts (pumice stones, moisturizer socks, etc.) from Spouse's family. Yes, okay, people, I'm overdue for a session with my Pedi-Egg. Got it. (Although, really, I've always wanted some of those socks, but am too cheap to buy them, so they're a perfect gift for me. I don't mean to sound ungrateful.)

Gift most likely to be used first: Gigantic Lodge cast-iron skillet.

Most anticipated gifts: Half-Assed, by Pasta Queen; What It Is, a writing guide by Lynda Barry, recommended by Swistle.

Most fun gifts: Pop Rocks! And a Rubik's Cube. And a tiny cow that moos "Deck the Halls."

No comments:

Post a Comment