Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas is cancelled

So today at just after 12:00 p.m., I was trying to Get Organized for my baking spree, which I had procrastinated on until it had become an Official Crisis, and I reached into the cabinet for a food processing blade, and pretty well processed my thumb.

It was really gross. I completely lost my marbles.

I am extremely lucky in that Spouse works around the corner from where we live. He was able to drop everything and come home, and he took really good care of me. I feel like a total heel for making him take me to the doctor, because the doctor's advice was pretty much exactly what Spouse said: put some Neosporin on it, then a Band-Aid, and try not to get it wet. I did not need stitches, not even the Krazy Glue kind. And my tetanus shot is current, dating back to a run-in with a file cabinet during law school.

I wonder how many such incidents need to accumulate until one's medical record gets stamped "KLUTZ" in red ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment